11.03.2008

10 weeks to go and counting...

I have the most amazing family and friends. Ryleigh's baby shower was perfect. The food, decorations, cake and gifts were far more than I ever imagined. It was beyond beautiful. I am so excited to be a mom...it actually feels real now. Not that the 24 hour kicks don't feel real..but now that her nursery is getting settled and we are in the home stretch...it really feels real.

We start the new Mommy & Daddy classes this week. I am not sure what to expect going into these but I am really excited to learn more because honestly I dont know anything. I hear you learn as you go and it will "come to you" but a few pointers would still be nice. :)

We are trying to take it easy this week because in our appointment on Friday the doctor was concerned with high blood pressure and swelling. I have to monitor it very closely so I dont get put on bed rest. I was told to STAY OF MY FEET. Easier said than done. But I promise to do my best and make sure we get in our 2 mile walks 5 to 6 times per week no matter what. We go back in 2 weeks if it is still high and 3 weeks if it has lowered. Other than that everything is looking great! We all feel she will be early but I guess you never know. They come when they want to. We can't wait to meet her.

Ryleigh Kate Watkins 1.16.09 8lbs. 9oz. & 20 inches of pure joy!

Belly Laughs 10.22.08